True Food Kitchen is the chef-driven culinary destination rooted in nutritional science. Through wholesome, intentionally-sourced ingredients, we transform super foods to comfort foods that make you feel better with every bite.
Our Purpose: Inspire people to eat better, feel better, and live better.
The Controller reports directly to the CFO and leads the accounting, tax, accounts payable, and payroll functions. Must be a proven leader with excellent communication skills as well as strong accounting, expense management and invoicing technology experience. The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge and understanding of all aspects of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and a proven success record as an experienced accounting professional with years of progressively increasing responsibilities.
The role requires a minimum of ten years of relevant experience (3 of which must be at the Controller level or equivalent), a bachelor’s degree in accounting (master’s degree preferred), and a CPA. Previous experience in public accounting is highly valued and Controller level experience in a multi-unit consumer brand.
- Planning, directing, and coordinating all accounting operational functions
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for the preparation of consolidated business results
- Maintaining and implementing consistent accounting policies, practices, and procedures in accordance with GAAP as well as federal, state, and local standards
- Developing, evaluating, and maintaining effective internal controls to maximize protection of company assets, policies, and procedures
- Managing the external audit process and relationship with auditors
- Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process
- Assisting with the budget process
- Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting systems
- Overseeing regulatory reporting
- Hiring, training, and retaining skilled staff
- Supporting a strong accounting, payroll, and accounts payable team with dynamic leadership that creates an environment of trust and productivity
- CPA required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting (master’s degree preferred)
- 10+ years proven accounting experience
- 3+ years of experience as a Controller (or similar title/function)
- Strong working knowledge of accounting systems and data management/analytics
- Proven payroll and accounts payable experience, with a focus on streamlining accounting processes
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage a strong team
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local tax compliance regulations and related GAAP reporting
If you’re excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we’re looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in creating supportive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, True Food Kitchen is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.