Marketing Brand Manager
True Food Kitchen is the chef-driven culinary destination rooted in nutritional science. Through wholesome, intentionally-sourced ingredients, we transform super foods to comfort foods that make you feel better with every bite.
Our Purpose: Inspire people to eat better, feel better, and live better.
True Food Kitchen is looking for a dynamic, strategic, results-driven Marketing Brand Manager who is hungry to have an integral impact on a restaurant brand that is leading the future of wellness-driven dining in a vastly competitive landscape. This team member will be essential to the company and marketing team with a tremendous opportunity to positively impact company goals related to building sales, traffic, affinity and loyalty. The Brand Manager’s primary role will be supporting the overall translation of marketing strategy + business objectives into marketing activations. This includes assisting in driving the overall brand marketing approach; taking key objectives/initiatives and creating impactful, actionable plans that drive results. They will communicate all details about the marketing calendar, promotions and campaigns to cross-functional departments and teams and will utilizing a test and learn approach to develop recap reports with sales/traffic impact, key learnings and opportunities. They will also work closely with the Catering & Group Dining Manager to grow awareness and sales for these impactful business initiatives and will assist in the planning, development and execution of new restaurant grand opening.
The position requires strong management, organization, creativity, restaurant industry knowledge, planning, production, and partnership experience to ensure all projects are executed with exceptional quality and efficiency. This is a full-time position in the True Food Kitchen Corporate office, reporting to the Director of Marketing.
Field Marketing – Driving Traffic + Sales
- Support development of strategic annual marketing plan.
- Assist in delivering and executing all promotions, campaigns and cultural moments utilizing various media including print, digital, outdoor and internal collateral pieces.
- In partnership with restaurant operations team, identify strategies that support local sales and growth; outline goals and metrics for success and measure impact for all marketing programs.
- Build calendar marketing initiatives that are actionable at the local level with tactics to execute quarterly.
- Work with Marketing Director and Culinary teams to develop training programs and incentive contests timed with seasonal menus, LTO launches or upsell opportunities to build excitement and competition with restaurant teams.
- Evaluate LSM toolkit contents annually; update to include successful programs, opportunities or key learnings.
- Oversee the development and creation of all local store marketing creative with the creative team (digital and print) intended to build awareness around local initiatives.
- Lead collab coordination with key brand partners as well as with internal teams. Includes managing internal teams with collab status meetings, campaign strategy, creative briefs and execution and campaign recaps.
- Vet incoming leads and make informed recommendations for brand partnerships; ongoing outreach to local partners to ensure each store remains great community partners and/or identify how restaurants can strengthen partnerships.
New Restaurant Openings
- Assist Marketing Director in managing and executing the opening of two new restaurants in 2023 (Century City, CA and Tucson, AZ).
- Research and hire local PR agency to develop a strategic pre-open marketing plan – inclusive of Job fair, Coming Soon and VIP Weekend initiatives.
- In partnership with the digital team, develop Paid Media and acquisition strategy for growing CRM database and awareness pre and post opening.
- Build post-opening marketing plan that includes a 90-day and 6-month look at initiatives to continue increasing awareness and driving sales and traffic.
- Ongoing communication with store managers and regional directors to keep operations teams updated on marketing initiatives + promotions; provide operations teams with campaign / promotion recap summaries including sales results.
- Communicate all upcoming promotions, campaigns, menu changes and big brand moments to property and lifestyle centers for inclusion in monthly newsletters, social media and onsite advertising.
- Ongoing management of PR email; vet and respond to media leads with brand messaging, photos, etc. when necessary
- Ensure consistency of brand message development across all communication channels including in-store, online/digital, advertising, promotional collateral, social media, eblasts, etc.
- Provide creative and copy direction to design team to ensure all local store marketing creative is representative of the brand – tone, voice, personality and values
- 5+ years experience in marketing practice of an agency or corporate/in-house; restaurant /hospitality marketing experience preferred
- Proven track record in developing and executing 360 degree marketing programs
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong written communications skills including strategic plans, creative copywriting and editing
- Outstanding attention to project details, sincere enthusiasm, keen organization, ease of multi-tasking and a natural ability to be a team player
- Self-motivated, creative and results-oriented
- Ability to understand and analyze sales figures, results and trends
- Experienced in managing a large number of projects
- Resourceful, solutions-oriented and organized
- Strategic thinker; nimble and responds quickly and positively to change
- Interested in and available to travel (required)
- Strong commitment and enthusiasm for health and wellness practices, healthy living and an active lifestyle
- Competitive Compensation Package with annual bonus
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye & more)
- Pet Insurance for your fur babies
- 401K and TRUE Matching
- Work-life balance with 8 paid holidays
- Quarterly dining allowance
- Additional perks and discounts through Perkspot
Travel Requirements 0 – 30%
If you’re excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we’re looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in creating supportive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, True Food Kitchen is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.