Logistics And Supply Chain
Purpose: There’s a lot of punch packed into a simple word.
Imagine if you had the power to heal the world. Or the ability to directly impact people’s health and their relationship to food. Maybe you just want to put a smile on someone’s face, or to simply make a difference. Creating a better world with delicious and aspirational food is our purpose, and every single person makes that kind of difference here. It’s no small task, which is why we’re here to tell you just how needed you are.
The Procurement Manager is responsible for supporting sourcing projects and managing various supplier relationships while driving continuous improvement on cost & quality metrics. This position will serve as the primary role for contract and pricing agreement management and analysis on the Supply Chain team. In addition, the Procurement Manager will be responsible for ensuring all new sourcing projects, both core and limited time only, are properly set up and that all contracted items are available to be successfully set up and executed by our distribution partners.
- Work directly with the SVP of Supply Chain and the Director of Purchasing to develop a road map for future strategic sourcing strategies and partnerships from the ideation stage to implementation. Share road map milestones and updates until the project is completed with all cross-functional teams.
- Ensure all markets are set up and supplier contracts are in place prior to seasonal launches, core menu changes, and new restaurant openings to leverage national scale for best overall pricing and service commitment levels.
- Partner with Culinary and Growth teams on the identification, sourcing, development, testing and roll-out of profitable and cost-effective new menu items and ingredients.
- Maintain and monitor contract timelines, theoretical costs, and impact to the company’s COGs budget.
- Submit contract and pricing agreement updates to distributor partners before the contract expiration dates. Update all related internal systems with new pricing information.
- Work with Finance to compare the contract price to the budgeted ingredient cost for the period. Discover theoretical input cost variances before they impact the bottom line.
- Manage negotiations, agreements, and pricing of supporting services and operational expenditures.
- Support all ESG initiatives related to Supply Chain and drive long-term results
- Utilize inventory management reporting with input from Purchasing and Finance teams to drive store level operational improvements regarding product usage, waste and pricing.
- Support the Purchasing’s group ability to manage the flow of goods to TFK restaurants and reduce price variances.
- Monitor and manage contracted suppliers regarding supply chain disruptions, quality issues and price variances.
- With input from the Supply Chain team, communicate all major supplier transition timelines to Operations, Marketing and Culinary.
- 5+ years supply chain experience, including oversight responsibilities at high-volume, high-growth, multi-unit restaurant concepts.
- Demonstrated experience in procurement and contract management, including excellent negotiation skills and a wide range of restaurant related procurement programs.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to work on multiple projects at once.
- Strong project management skills to support the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines cross functionally.
- Proven ability to lead quantitative and qualitative analyses supporting critical decisions on vendor selection and product specifications.
- Expertise in successfully managing supply agreements including systematic quality and compliance monitoring.
- Established track record of driving cost improvement through supply chain initiatives with strong understanding of financial metrics
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally (culinary, operations, finance, IT, marketing) to design and implement operational improvements.
- Strong interpersonal and motivational skills with ability to generate respect and trust from senior team, restaurants and external constituencies.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills to all levels of employees; ability to present complex, detailed information in a simple, summarized format.
- Extensive knowledge of Arrowstream contract management system, Coupa or an equivalent.
- FoodlogiQ and CrunchTime system experience is also preferred.
- Team-first attitude with a high level of comfort being held accountable.
- Passion for inspiring people to eat better, feel better and live better through sourcing and procurement of better ingredients.
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye & more)
- 401K and Matching
- Work-life balance
- Quarterly dining allowance
- Additional discounts through Perkspot
Travel Requirements 0 – 10%
If you’re excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we’re looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in creating supportive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, True Food Kitchen is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.