Sous Chef $75-85k
Palo Alto, CA
Purpose: There’s a lot of punch packed into a simple word.
Imagine if you had the power to heal the world. Or the ability to directly impact people’s health and their relationship to food. Maybe you just want to put a smile on someone’s face, or to simply make a difference. Creating a better world with delicious and aspirational food is our purpose, and every single person makes that kind of difference here. It’s no small task, which is why we’re here to tell you just how needed you are.
Passion. That’s what moves us. It all starts with fresh, honest and thoughtful ingredients that actually taste great together, and the passionate people who consciously choose to seek out these ingredients. These are the people who respect food. They respect their bodies. And the effort it takes to create food that doesn’t sacrifice quality, nutrition or taste. Healthy living starts at our table, but preparing delicious food starts with our culinary team. We’re looking for culinary leaders to grow our kitchen team, build our business, solve problems, know each station of our diverse kitchen well – and be a role model to our cooks for how to execute under pressure. Most importantly, our culinary leaders innovate, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel and problem solve…on the fly!
- You have a strong passion for culinary excellence, and you are exceptionally detailed.
- You’re resilient in stressful situations and always able to handle last minute requests.
- For more than 2 years, as a chef, you’ve been a key ingredient in the success of a full service, high-volume restaurant.
- You have basic knowledge and understanding of financial aspects of business operations.
- You are caring, self-motivated and exhibit an aptitude for leading, coaching, and driving excellence.
- Salary range of $75-85k, based on experience, with quarterly bonus
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye & more)
- Pet Insurance for your fur babies
- 401K and TRUE Matching
- Work-life balance including a graduating PTO plan, Thanksgiving and Christmas day off
- Dining discounts and family meals
- Additional perks and discounts through Perkspot