True Food Kitchen is the chef-driven culinary destination rooted in nutritional science. Through wholesome, intentionally-sourced ingredients, we transform super foods to comfort foods that make you feel better with every bite.
Our Purpose: Inspire people to eat better, feel better, and live better.
As VP of Finance for True Food Kitchen, you will provide strategic financial planning and analytical support for senior management. This role is instrumental in leading all financial and business planning activities, including budgeting, forecasting, predictive modeling, data analysis and financial reporting across the company. You will also lead the preparation of board presentations, financial presentations, and other projects requested by senior management. This position will help identify opportunities that have the most business impact and be a key leader in driving the business forward. This position requires a proven analytics leader who fosters a sense of endless curiosity and camaraderie among the team and influences the organization through proactive, actionable analytics, insights, and reporting. The Vice President of Finance will be responsible for defining the future of data, insights, and analytics at True Food Kitchen and leading data-driven decision-making processes across the Company.
Data, Insights & Analytics
- Drive insights and influence outcomes by developing strong relationships with key stakeholders and supporting cross-functional business initiatives.
- Provide thought leadership on data efficiency opportunities and streamlining processes to focus on delivering insights vs. creating analyses.
- Evaluate current processes, identify best practices, and develop plans to implement improvements to tools, processes, and systems to drive greater efficiencies and insights.
- Identify appropriate analytical tools and use advanced knowledge of business analysis to perform a range (basic to highly complex) of quantitative analyses and predictive modeling.
- Develop and lead a premier team of analytical resources to help drive conversations, challenge business decisions, and make connections that would otherwise be missed.
- Stay abreast of developments at the intersection of data science, technology, and business relevant to the company and drive business innovation through analytics.
- Serve as management lead for assessing current ERP system & collaborate with I.T. team to ensure all systems are being capitalized within their scope of ability or identifying new systems and processes accordingly.
- Supervise certain month-end and year-end closing processes to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Be a champion for a data-driven, collaborative decision-making culture.
Financial Planning & Reporting
- Lead entire budgeting and forecasting process, including determination and management of individual restaurant, regional and departmental targets. Identify variances and provide insights on key drivers of actual results versus budgets and forecast.
- Support development of long-range strategy and operating plans by partnering with functional leaders in the organization, CFO and CEO
- Lead reporting and analyses that identify, evaluate, and communicate actionable business and financial results, trends, and outlooks for use by restaurant-level operations, multi-unit leadership, executive management, and Board.
- Provide thought leadership on data tools & systems to include data sources, validation, and business rules to produce automated reports, dashboards, and interactive data views.
- Manage presentations to executive team, Board, banks, and investors.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or related field; MBA or related master’s degree a plus
- 10+ years of progressive experience and demonstrated growth in Finance/Analytics/Strategy positions.
- Previous or current experience in Restaurants, Retail, and/or Consumer facing businesses would be preferred.
- Superior analytical skills with an intuitive feel for the business; high level of intellectual curiosity, where data driven insights might lie and potential impact on business decisions.
- Collaborative and consultative businessperson, with ability to interpret a variety of different data sources and superior story-telling skills.
- Exceptional at budgeting, forecasting, financial modeling, and analysis; translates business actions into financial models and insights.
- Efficient, self-motivated with the ability to follow through and implement process improvements; provide thought leadership to increasing leverage of technology tools for greater efficiencies and automation.
- Proven ability to build enterprise analytics capabilities and world class teams; works with team members in a hands-on leadership capacity.
- Sense of ownership and highest standards for data accuracy, precision, and integrity
- Ability to think creatively, highly driven, and self-motivated.
- High energy and enthusiasm with a sense of urgency; excels working in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Competitive Compensation Package with annual bonus
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical 100% covered, dental, eye & more)
- Pet Insurance for your fur babies
- Deferred Comp Retirement Plan and TRUE Matching
- Work-life balance with FLEXIBLE PTO & 8 paid holidays
- Unlimited dining allowance
- Additional perks and discounts through Perkspot
If you’re excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we’re looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in creating supportive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, True Food Kitchen is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.