Purpose: There’s a lot of punch packed into a simple word.
Imagine if you had the power to heal the world. Or the ability to directly impact people’s health and their relationship to food. Maybe you just want to put a smile on someone’s face, or to simply make a difference. Creating a better world with delicious and aspirational food is our purpose, and every single person makes that kind of difference here. It’s no small task, which is why we’re here to tell you just how needed you are.
The role of the VP of HR is to lead the entire HR department and formulate a long-term plan for the company’s success. S/he will determine and direct staffing goals & strategies to support profitable business operations necessary for local and/or global expansions.
In addition to driving the reinforcement of the TFK Vision and Mission, this role provides leadership, and hands on support and training to the HR function when necessary, to help the company attain its financial goals through successful people practices (such as hiring and retaining top talent, developing appropriate rewards and recognition programs as well as compensation and benefits plans, ensuring HR-related legal compliance, performance management, organization development, and employee relations).
The VP of HR evaluates and upgrades the HR policies, practices and systems and introduces new methodologies, HR software platforms, and technologies to create efficiencies and to drive company-wide initiatives.
- Providing strategic direction to senior management on workforce planning.
- Developing major initiatives to drive organizational effectiveness.
- Ensuring the Talent Acquisition Team is using the right tools and processes to ensure the recruitment, interview, selection, and hiring process support the company’s objectives.
- Overseeing Benefits and Comp team to devise competitive Total Rewards, wellness, health and safety programs to retain top talent.
- Ensuring the design and implementation of HR processes and practices.
- Adhering to reinforcing all internal policies and legal standards with a thorough understanding of labor and employment laws for compliance.
- Evaluating, mentoring, training and addressing areas of improvement for all HR functional areas.
- Identifying KPIs that drive results in employee performance and standards.
- Determining organizational success and market competitiveness based on KPIs and other business metrics.
- Guide Regional Directors and field-level leadership on employee relations, and grievance resolution.
- Draft, and implement an overall budget for HR and Benefits.
- Participate and represent the company in HR networking events, workshops and seminars.
- Ensure inclusion and diversity by assisting HR business partners and the entire HR department on workforce retention programs and equal opportunity.
- Actual work experience in all/most HR functions and fields
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Remarkable interpersonal and conflict-resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, supervisory and problem-solving skills.
- Deep understanding of labor relations, union laws, international HR processes, employment legislation and legal regulations.
- Approx. 7-10 years of HR experience and experience in a similar role VP or Senior Director role.
- Thorough understanding and experience of HR functions including talent acquisition and management.
- Thorough understanding of organizational development theory and practices.
- Skilled in budget preparation and overall fiscal management.
- Experienced in formulating policy for hiring, and termination.
- Skilled in taking exit interviews and formulating policy on employee retention.
- Analyze and assess training needs.
- Skilled in educating and training subordinates.
- Employee development and performance management skills.
- Strategic planning and performance measurement skills.
- Knowledge of alternative dispute resolution processes.
Other Key Skills for VP of HR
- Hands on experience of using the most advanced HR management software.
- Expert in Microsoft Office Suite such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
- Experience with Employer Branding and Recruitment Marketing strategies.
- Thought leader, with proven digital media presence on social media, specifically LinkedIn.
- Knowledge of business analysis techniques.
- Take charge and have a sense of ownership with hands on actions.
Education and Experience for VP of HR
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree – Preferred Masters in Human Resources.
- At least 10 years of HRM experience, with strategic, talent management, and/or business development experience preferred.
- HR Certifications such as Professional in Human Resources (HR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources Certification (SPHR) are highly preferred.
The VP of HR is an educated and skilled individual with a passion for servant leadership, capable of working under pressure and ensuring strategic planning. Is skilled at having difficult conversations while maintaining professional relationships.
Required Travel to NROs, Job Fairs or other hiring events
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance Deferred Comp Retirement Plan and more
- 5 Day Work Week / hybrid office environment & flex work weeks
- Paid Time Off
- Impact on a growing company and team
- Dining Allowance
- Relocation Assistance
- Professional Career Development and Growth Opportunities